HSC HISTORY STUDY DAYS
HTANSW has been successfully running its HSC History Study Days at the University of Sydney for over 20 years. Our lectures are presented by experienced teachers and markers of the HSC, and therefore provide invaluable assistance to students preparing for HSC History.
The HTANSW HSC History Study Days are held only once a year. Ever popular, they have SOLD OUT in the past few years - so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Each year HTANSW offers "Remote Subsidy Grants" to rural/remote schools to facilitate their attendence at the HSC History Study Days.
The grant offers up to $1000 in transport/accommodation subsidy. For more details visit the Remote Subsidy page.
2013 DATES - (SYDNEY)
THURSDAY 13th JUNE 2013
Will offer lectures on Ancient History & Modern History (*NOTE: No Extension)
ALL BOOKINGS CLOSED
FRIDAY 14th JUNE 2013
Will offer lectures on Ancient History, Modern History & Extension History (*NOTE: Extension added)
ALL BOOKINGS CLOSED
SATURDAY 15th JUNE 2013
Will offer lecturs on Ancient History, Modern History & Extension History
ALL BOOKINGS CLOSED
VENUE - Carslaw Lecture Complex. For venue details click here
(To view venue "Risk Assessment" for school excursions click here)
CLOSING DATE -24 May 2013
COST - $30 per person/per day (includes GST)
LATE BOOKINGS - $35 per person/per day (includes GST)
HOW TO BOOKING -
* Pre-booking is essential. Tickets will NOT be sold on the day
* Complete the registration form found on the last page of the Study Day Program (download above)
* You must indicate the EXACT number of people attending EACH session for your application to be processed
* Official School Bookings only - payment is acceptable after pre-booking. Please send FIRM numbers only as FULL PAYMENT is expected for all places booked/reserved
* Pre-payment is required at the time of booking for all other registrations
* Cash payment is NOT acceptable
* Payment will NOT be accepted on the day
* Bookings will NOT be confirmed unless specifically requested. (Please leave email details & clearly request a confirmation)
* No refunds are available once bookings have been made so please do not 'over-book' your places. School bookings: Please send FIRM numbers only - FULL PAYMENT is expected for all places you have booked/reserved
* Tickets are to be picked up from the registration desk on the day, each day - so please arrive before 8.45am
* To avoid long queues, BYO food and drink
NOTE - Tickets will NOT be sold on the day
Carslaw Lecture Complex, University of Sydney
The Carslaw Lecture Complex is situated on the Newtown/City Road end of Sydney University's 'Eastern Avenue' in the University of Sydney.
To view Map of Sydney University click here
Carslaw Lecture Complex is at map position 19-L.
"Pay and Display" parking is available at the University of Sydney. Tickets are purchased through coin vending machines ($1 & $2 coins only). Limited change machines are available.
Monday - Friday fee is $24 flat rate. Saturday - Sunday is $2 per hour or $6 maximum. More details click here
Public Transport to Carslaw Complex
Redfern station is the closest train station to the University. You will need to walk from the station to the City Road Entrance of the University for the closest access to the Carslaw Lecture Avenue Complex.
Alternatively you may take a train to Central railway station, and then catch a bus from Broadway/George Street that travels down City Road. Buses include 421, 422, 423, 426, 428.
Once inside the City Road entrance of the University, the Carslaw Lecture is the first building on the right. More details click here
Food and Drink
NOTE! The Wentworth Builiding will be closed on SATURDAYS, so be sure to bring food and and drink with you on that day.
(Limited snacks may be available from vending machines and coffee carts - however expect long queues).